Saturday, November 19, 2005

PROPOSED SOLUTION

So last night we had our 1st grade parent-teacher conference. All went well, but always room for improvement. His teacher, Mrs. W, who is visibly pregnant (to me), says that she will be leaving as of March and wanted the parents to be aware of this given there might be any transition issues, etc. Our son was not aware of this yet (that she's pregnant or that she'll be leaving), but we made mention of this at home afterwards. After some thought, my son responds with "Why won't my teacher be there after that? Why does she have to leave?" I said because she's having a baby and then she'll stay home to take care of the baby. My six year old replies "Why can't MR. W do that?" It was neat how he gave this some thought and had proposed "a solution" for this. We suggested that maybe he go ahead and ask her to find out! :)