Sunday, July 16, 2006

Zoo Road Trip

Yesterday we ventured out to the Cleveland Metropolitan Zoo (about 2 hr drive). Aside from forgetting our camera and suncreen, we enjoyed the adventure -albeit a HOT one- as there was lots to take in. We attended a couple of shows and saw some animals "our zoo" does not have including a koala bear, anteater, wolves, and a bald eagle. They have a "Touch" feature where we got to put our hands in a big pool area to feel different kinds of sting rays and sharks which was pretty neat also. Although the pictures weren't of high quality, I finally have a working phone to capture at least a few shots. Eric enjoyed his camel ride, but chose a very large "Pittsburgh" snake as a souvenir. Jesse does not like camels so the ride wasn't even a consideration and he chose a very soft pink stingray named "Pinky". It seems that we're in for another very hot day and as I can affectionately be called "Pinky" myself now from the sun that I got (or that got me more than anyone else), I don't mind leading a sheltered life today -inside and cool - if not, at a pool!