Sunday, January 05, 2014

Starting out 2014 with "big moves"

It may not sound significant comparatively, however switching the boys rooms has been no easy task.  Jesse "gave" this gift to his brother for Christmas this year and it seems like we have been trying to dig out ever since.  I'm not sure why items, large and small, keep appearing and cluttering up our room, but guess that counts as "moving" too.  Not fun, not easy but definitely can tell the difference in them getting to have a 'new start.'  I did think it was kind of cute that Eric wanted to stay in his "old room" last night one last time for old time's sake.  Jesse, on the other hand, slept in the basement as his bunk beds are currently the Titanic of too much stuff.  Anyway, I did not find it fun going back and fixing links to pictures from the year end wrap up.  I'm not sure yet what we're going to do differently but I'm hoping to not just throw pictures up when I can get to it.  We'll see if the new approach works...no promises, but worth a try.

This week is going to start with a big chill.  Very low temps are expected as the 'normal routine' kicks in...Winter Musical practice, hockey, piano & trombone lessons, Pep Band and that's just the kids' schedules. We'll try to keep up...it's not easy being green but then again, I guess we aren't anymore...haha :)