Wednesday, July 30, 2008

New Additions Journey

While the big boys were at camp, I decided to take a roadtrip with Jesse. It was a long journey but we had fun making our way out to see our friends. On the way out, we surprised Grandpa by stopping in and taking a break (which included the Dog House as an extra treat!). We set out on our way again and then got settled in and hung out with our longtime friends, including their latest, early addition AND a puppy! It was a special day too, as some of them got to hold their newest family member for the very first time. I know, I have more pictures of the puppy than the baby here, but he was at home with easier access (and always asking for attention). That will come later for sweet baby boy who is on track and doing very well. Brittany's puppy is about 3 months now and she takes very good care of him. It was a treat to spend time with the whole family and her younger brother (not two terrible, haha) was quite a cuddle bug to me and repeatedly asked who Jesse was (again and again). Jesse answered him - somewhat impatiently after awhile - which was quite funny...at least for the rest of us. On the way home, we stopped to see more friends near my previous residence, pick up the best corn in the whole wide world and visited Chocolate World. After that, Jesse sacked out for the rest of the ride home while I held my eyes open with toothpicks....okay, truth be told, it was Chocolate Bliss that kept me alert enough to get us home safe and sound.

So, this week we're all back together and enjoying the comfort of family. However, the boys already ditched me again tonight to camp out...actually IN, on "the other side." A treat for them and quiet for me...but that also works in finally getting these pictures up and notables posted so that's enough of an update for now. Stay tuned...the last month of summer vacation is already before us...my, does the time fly!